In this question type, respondents can enter an answer in an open text field. The Essay (Large) question has a one-line size with a maximum of 2500 characters can be filled in. For example: “What is your opinion of the new Survey?”
On this page:
Add an open question (large)
- Click on 'Questions' and 'Enter' in the menu.
- Choose the 'Open question (large)' and click on 'Select'.
- Enter a 'Question text'.
- Choose the answer type. You can choose from:
- Memo: open text area the size of a long sentence.
- Date: the respondent can fill in the date with numbers.
- Number: the respondent can only enter numbers.
- Calendar: the respondent will see a calendar with a date to be selected.
- Story: open paragraph-sized text area.
- Optional: with the outside field you have the option of an answer outside adding the open-ended question, such as "Don't know" or "N/A". At the field 'Buitenveld jump' you can determine to which next question the respondents referred to those who clicked on 'N/A'.
- Click on 'Save'.
The open question (large) has the following question options:
Here you can change the question type.
Here you can set the condition on the question. Read more about it setting conditions.
click on om add an image to the question. Choose from an existing image from the MediaManager or upload your own image.
Block question on return
If the respondent has clicked on 'next', the respondent can submit the answer of these cannot be changed. You can find this option under the 'Tools' tab.
Question on same page previous question
Display this question on the same page as the previous question. You can find this option below the 'Tools' tab.
Count down timer
If you want to let a respondent continue automatically or longer with this one if you want the question to continue, you can use the timer. You can find this option below the 'Tools' tab.
You can refer the respondent to another question. You can get the number here of the question where the respondent can continue. Enter the desired question number in.
Selection answer type
By default, the answer type for this question type is set to 'Radio'.
You can add an image through the media manager through the icon.
Delete an answer by clicking it -icon to click.
Make an answer mandatory
This only applies to the answer type 'Open'. The respondent becomes mandatory enter an answer of a minimum number of characters. You will find this option behind the -icon.
This only applies to the answer type 'Open'. There may be a restriction on a question be set such as a number range, a date range or a range for e-mails and zip codes.
If the respondent clicks on the 'i' of info, an explanation appears to the answer (max. 400 characters). You will find this option behind it -icon.
Tick: boxes that allow multiple answers
Description: Displaying a text without respondents being able to check
Number: Only a number can be entered
Calendar: Respondents can enter a date via a calendar
Open (small) : open text box the size of 2 or 3 words
Open (big): open text box the size of a paragraph.