The slider question can be set with a minimum and maximum value. The respondent can choose from two opposites, but the number of answer options is larger compared to the 7-point scale of the Semantic Differential. For example: 'What percentage of your free time do you watch television?'.
On this page:
Add a slider question
- Click on 'Questions' and 'Enter' in the menu.
- Choose the 'Slider question' and click 'Select'.
- Enter a 'Question text'.
- Optional: you can have the sub-questions randomized by checking the box 'show sub-questions in random order'.
- Optional: the outside field allows you to add an answer outside the semantic differential, such as 'Don't know' or 'N/A'.
- Optional: with the 'Show value' option you can show the number that the respondent selects.
- Choose a minimum and maximum value.
- Enter an answer text at 'Left' and 'Right'. This is the extreme answer that should be left and right per line.
- Click on 'Save'.
Range based on a research variable
The range can also be set by using a research variable. Please note: for a minimum or maximum value you must be sure that the research variable is filled with a number.
The slider question has the following question options:
Put a condition on displaying the question via it -icon. Read more about it setting conditions.
Click on to add an image to the question. Choose from an existing image from the MediaManager or upload your own image.
Block question on return
If the respondent has clicked on 'next', the respondent can submit the answer of these cannot be changed. You can find this option under the 'Tools' tab.
Question on same page previous question
Display this question on the same page as the previous question. You can find this option below the 'Tools' tab.
Count down timer
Set the number of seconds after which the respondent can move on to the next question. You can find this option under the 'Tools' tab.