Respondents can provide answers to several essay questions. For example: "Enter the information below (street name, house number, zip code and e-mail address)".
On this page:
Add a Open Field Question
- Click in the menu on "Questions" and "Enter Questions".
- Choose "Open Field Question" and press the "Select" button.
- Fill in a "Question text".
- Choose the response type. You can choose from:
- Open: open text area 2 to 3 words in size
- Number: The respondent can only enter numbers.
- Calendar: the respondent is shown a calendar where a date can be selected.
- Memo: open text area the size of a long sentence.
- Story: open text area the size of a paragraph
- Optional: put restrictions on the answers (see answer options).
- Press the "Save" button.
The Open Field Question has the following question options:
Here you can put a condition on the question. Read more about setting conditions .
Click on to add an image to the question. Make a choice from the available images in the MediaManager or upload your own image.
Embed a link of a video (for example, YouTube or Vimeo) or add a MP3- or MP4-file. The maximum file size that's allowed is 30 MB. Add in the ALT tag a description of the file for extra recognition by text to speech software.
Block question on return
If the respondent has pressed "next" the respondent cannot change the answer anymore.
Question on same page previous question
Show this question on the same page as the previous question.
If you want a respondent to continue automatically or stay on this question longer, you can use the timer.
Making the answer mandatory to fill in. This is only applicable with the answer type "open". The respondent is required to fill in an answer with at least 3 characters.
Jump: when this answer has been selected, you can send the respondent to a different question than the next.
Restriction: there can be a restriction put on a question such as a number range, a date range or a restriction for emails or postal codes.
Put a condition on the display of the answer.
If the respondents hovers over the "i" for information, an explanation appears on the answer (maximum of 400 characters). you can also add the label per answer.