With Direct Feedback you can process the first question of the survey into a e-mail, but also in a newsletter or on a website. After selecting the first answer, the respondent immediately arrives at the second question.
Set up Direct Feedback
- Check whether the access of the study is set correctly. If access is set for, for example, "No login required" open Direct Feedback links will be created. At "email addresses from list only" personal Direct Created feedback links will be made. Make sure that the access is set up correctly before you set the Direct Feedback.
- Make sure the first question of the survey is a single response question. Other question types don't work.
- Go to "Communication" in the menu and click on "Direct Feedback".
- Click "Add New".
- Add optionally an image for each answer from the MediaManager to make the demand more visually appealing.
- Click "Save".
- Click on 'Copy code'.
Including direct feedback in an email
- Go to "Communication" in the menu and click "Email management". Open an email with source code.
- Empty the "Body HTML" field and paste the code (copied in step 6) in this field.
- Add additional text in the "Head HTML" box.
- At "Type of e-mail message", select "Free mail". If you want to use the Direct Feedback functionality in an invitation or reminder email, then you need to uptake the ##URL## somewhere in the email as that's required.
- When you use "Free mail", ensure that you send the email to incompletes, as there won't be completes yet at your first invitation.
- Click "Save" and complete the further steps of sending a source email off.
Note: if the survey is copied, the Direct Feedback must be recreated.
How do I send a reminder to anyone who has not yet participated?
If the access of the survey is set to "Only email address from list" you can send reminders to the respondents to participate in the survey.
In the menu, go to "Communication" and "Email management". Create a new email here with the editor or the source code. Select under "Type of e-mail" the option "Reminder". Only the respondents who have not yet have participated or have not yet completed the investigation will receive this reminder. If you use "Free mail" use the "incompletes only" option.