In questions you can upload images in the Media Manager. The media manager is a personal media database. Here you will find a large number of royalty-free Pictures. You can also upload your own image. becomes the Media Manager used to add an image to questions and answers.
When you add a new question you will see a field in which you can add images select from the Media Manager.
- Click on to add an image to the question. Upload a file of max 900 pixels wide for an optimal result.
- You open the MediaManager. Choose from an existing image from the MediaManager or upload your own image. Use files up to 5 MB in size load time quickly. The maximum allowed width is 900 pixels.
The maximum width for images in questions is 900 pixels, you can use the image don't select if it's bigger than that. The media manager filters automatically the appropriate images. For example, when you select a favicon in the layout manager will only see the images that are up to 128 pixels wide.
The name of the file is automatically used as an alt tag. For example, the alt tag becomes recognized by reading software. Like labels are these alt tags important for the digital accessibility of research. Upload the file directly with a recognizable name or rename it selected file in the media manager.
Add media file
When you add a new question you will see a field in which you can add images select from the Media Manager. Once you have saved the question, one will appear new option in this field that allows you to add video.
- Click on 'Video' in the question to add a media file to the question.
- Process a URL from, for example, a YouTube or Vimeo link via 'Embed video' or choose 'Upload media file' and upload the correct file via the file explorer. Use files of up to 30MB to speed up loading time. It is also possible to use your own streaming service. Then fill the direct URL of the media file.
- Enter an alt tag around the media file as well to be made visible to reading software.
- Check the media file using the Test button.
The following parts have a maximum allowed size:
- Image in question or answer: 900 pixels wide and a size of 5 MB;
- Header or banner in layout manager: 2000 pixels wide and 500 pixels high. Recommended size is 1000 by 250 pixels with a ratio of 1:4.
- Favicon in the layout manager: 128 by 128 pixels. Recommended size is 35 at 35 pixels.
- Background in layout manager: 2000 by 2000 pixels.
- Video in a question: 30 MB maximum.
- Audio in a question: 30 MB maximum.