To connect Survey to another system you need an API key.
What is an API key?
An API key is a unique code with which you can give or get access to the Crowdtech survey environment. With this key the API recognizes you as a user and can establish a secure connection.
How do I create an API key?
If you have taken out a Connect license with Crowdtech, you will see in the login environment the Connect environment. Follow the steps below to create an API key.
- In the menu of the Connect environment, go to 'API keys' and click on 'Add new key'.
- Enter a name at 'Name'. Give the key a recognizable name, for example for the program you connect it to or the person/company using it makes of.
- Set the expiration time at 'Expires after'. You can choose from 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or 2 years.
- Tick the box at 'Active' to activate the API key.
- Click 'Save' to save the API key.
Whitelist IP address
With a whitelist you can mark users of the API key as safe. After creating the API key you can add the IP addresses that calls to the API key may send.
- In the menu of the Connect environment, go to 'API keys' and click behind the API key on the Security icon ().
- In the 'Security settings' you can manually enter IP addresses or IP range or add your own IP address by clicking 'Add my current IP address'.
- Click 'Save' to save your IP address.
After setting the API key you can create API calls.